JellyPages.com

Sunday, August 5, 2012

Welcome...


Mrs. Franz and I have been creating new and exciting lessons and themes for the year.  We will have a wonderful time learning and exploring throughout the school year!   We are both thrilled to meet your amazing children on August 30th at our Open House!

The opportunity to teach your child is a privilege and responsibility I take seriously.  I will do my best to motivate, comfort, and appreciate your child and all the gifts he or she will bring to our classroom.  But, I will need your help too!  Your encouragement and interest can make a huge difference in your child’s experience at school.  This can be as simple as asking your child, “What surprised or excited you in the classroom today?”  Or even asking your child to explain to you something they learned in school – so they become the teacher!

I will keep you informed of the work your child will be doing, as well as any special events going on at our school and in our classroom.  Our blog can be accessed at: www.mrstahlkindergarten.blogspot.com.  I will post our newsletters and any other important information there.  If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or email me. 

            I would also like to take a minute to provide you with a little information about myself! This will be my fifth year at W-T; however, I have been with West Clermont for 10 years.  My first few years were spent teaching at Holly Hill Elementary in second grade and the remaining years have been teaching Kindergarten here at W-T.  I am also a graduate of West Clermont.  I went to Clough Pike Elementary, Glen Este Middle School, and graduated from Glen Este High School.  I received my Bachelors degree in Elementary Education from Hanover College (Indiana) in 2003.   I obtained a Master’s degree in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment from Walden University in 2006.  I also have post-graduate hours in teaching mathematics and science at the K-3 level and numerous hours in teacher leadership.  In the spring of 2011 I was awarded the Master Teacher designation from the State of Ohio (this was a great honor of recognition).

                On a personal note, I am married and my wife, Shannon, currently teaches 5th grade in Kenton County, KY.  We have a daughter, Lainey, who was born this past March.  She is an absolute joy!  In addition, we have a wonderful dog, Gabby; whom we love and adore.  We love to travel, this past year we decided to travel to Orlando and Houston.  I am an avid runner and can find me running throughout the city and Northern Kentucky.  I have completed 5 marathons: the Chicago, the Flying Pig (Cincinnati) three times, and the Columbus Marathon.  I currently do not have a race scheduled, but that can change in an instant (and most likely will).

            Please feel free to contact me by phone or email with any questions or concerns.  I am looking forward to working with your wonderful children and you this year! 

Sincerely,
Mr. Stahl

Contact Information:

Phone: 943-6929
Blog: mrstahlkindergarten.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment