Kindergarten Information Sheet
Here is some important information that you will need to know about W-T Kindergarten:
1. Kindergarten attendance is VERY important. Please make it a priority to have your child at school each and every day they are scheduled. We have a lot to cover each day. We follow the common core standards for our Kindergarten curriculum. A lot of what we do in Kindergarten is completed at school and cannot be completed at home. This year, our school hours are from 9 to 3. Please make sure your child arrives on time!
School Start and End Times...9:00 - 3:00
Children will be assigned to come to school either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. Children will be assigned specific Fridays (see calendar).
This year we will be operating on an all-day/alternating day schedule. Children will come to school on assigned days, each child will be assigned as the "blue" (A) or "yellow" class (B). Please refer to the calendar to know when your child is to attend school. Children will be able to eat breakfast ($1.10) beginning at 8:45 and we will be eating lunch in the cafeteria. Children will be able to buy their lunch or pack.
2. Name Tags: Please have your child wear their name tags to and from school for the first three weeks. These tags are color coded so we can prepare the students quickly for dismissal and get them in the proper car or on the proper bus. If your child rides the bus, please help your child learn their bus number.
3. Every child should have a standard size school bag that they bring to and from school. Please do not send the bags with wheels. These bags tend to create problems getting on and off of the bus and maneuvering in the halls and classroom. We’ll also be using a Communicator Folder to carry important forms, homework, and notes to and from school. Please check this folder daily.
4. Supply fees are $50. The money is due in September. We use this money to buy classroom supplies that all students use throughout the entire year, such as, crayons, paper, pencils, construction paper, scissors, and other materials. Please send this money in as soon as possible in an envelope labeled with your child’s name. I will send home a receipt acknowledging that I received the money.
5. We will accept small treats to honor your child’s birthday at school. Please keep treats simple, such as, a cookie, fruit snacks, or any individually wrapped treat. We will only have about 5 minutes to have the treat. Please check with me about the number of students we have in our class and notify me when you will be sending in the treat. We will celebrate our summer birthdays during the month of May. If your child has any type of food allergy, please email or call me!
6. Parent volunteers are greatly appreciated. If you plan to volunteer or go on a field trip you are required by the West Clermont Board of Education to be fingerprinted. This can be done at the board office off of Aicholtz Road. Please call 513-943-5000 to set up an appointment. This is also required for any field trip we go on as well. If you would like to volunteer and you have the fingerprints taken care of, please let me know and we can work out a schedule! I will have you working on projects for the children, copying, or working with students during centers. I will always put you in a position where you feel welcome and comfortable.
7. Communication is a very important part of education. Please feel free to contact me by email or by phone. I will respond to your email or call within 24 hours. If it is an emergency, please call the office and they will be able to help you with your question.
I look forward to working with you and your child during this exciting year!