JellyPages.com

Sunday, September 25, 2011

What's Happening in 116...


We are working on sorting...

This week we will continue to work on letter identification of all letters up to Ss.  Many children need to continue working on letter identification of upper/lowercase letters.  In addition, we will begin to learn new sight words (or popcorn words I like to call them): the and little.  Last week I assessed all the children on sight words and letter identification.  Some children did okay, but many struggled with the words I and am.  I showed them am first and I second and the children were unable to tell me the words in the correct order.  Please continue to work on this at home as I continue to work on this at school.  We will also be working on listening to initial sounds.  This would mean what do you hear at the beginning of cat.../c/ (the children have to say the sound, not the letter).

In math, we will finish up our work with sorting and children will be assessed on their ability to sort.  We were unable to complete this last week, but I will be checking the children's ability to do this on Wednesday and Thursday.  You can practice having children sort things into groups at home.


Finally, we are almost complete with all the state and district mandated assessments.  I will be sending home information on how your child did on the DIBELS assessment at the conclusion of this week or the beginning of next week.  I will let everyone know when I will be sending these home for sure to make sure you know to check your child's folder.


I hope everyone has a great week.  The children are learning procedures extremely well.  I will be letting you all know about some donation items which we may need in the classroom to continue our learning experience.  Thanks for all of your support...I am loving everyday with your children!

No comments:

Post a Comment