Tuesday, August 28, 2012
Friday, August 17, 2012
Here is the newest schedules for Kindergarten A and B days! The one posted in June is incorrect...the district had to make a couple changes! If you have any questions please let me know! I cannot wait for the school year to begin!
Sunday, August 5, 2012
Mrs. Franz and I have been creating new and exciting lessons and themes for the year. We will have a wonderful time learning and exploring throughout the school year! We are both thrilled to meet your amazing children on August 30th at our Open House!
The opportunity to teach your child is a privilege and responsibility I take seriously. I will do my best to motivate, comfort, and appreciate your child and all the gifts he or she will bring to our classroom. But, I will need your help too! Your encouragement and interest can make a huge difference in your child’s experience at school. This can be as simple as asking your child, “What surprised or excited you in the classroom today?” Or even asking your child to explain to you something they learned in school – so they become the teacher!
I will keep you informed of the work your child will be doing, as well as any special events going on at our school and in our classroom. Our blog can be accessed at: www.mrstahlkindergarten.blogspot.com. I will post our newsletters and any other important information there. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to call or email me.
I would also like to take a minute to provide you with a little information about myself! This will be my fifth year at W-T; however, I have been with
West Clermont for 10 years. My first few years were spent teaching at
Holly Hill Elementary in second grade and the remaining years have been teaching
Kindergarten here at W-T. I am also a
graduate of West Clermont. I went to Clough Pike Elementary, Glen Este Middle School, and graduated from . I received my Bachelors degree in Elementary
Education from Glen Este High School Hanover College ( )
in 2003. I obtained a Master’s degree
in Curriculum, Instruction, and Assessment from Indiana
in 2006. I also have post-graduate hours
in teaching mathematics and science at the K-3 level and numerous hours in
teacher leadership. In the spring of
2011 I was awarded the Master Teacher designation from the State of Walden University (this was a great
honor of recognition). Ohio
On a personal note, I am married and my wife, Shannon, currently teaches 5th grade in
We have a daughter, Lainey, who was born this
past March. She is an absolute joy! In addition, we have a wonderful dog, Gabby;
whom we love and adore. We love to
travel, this past year we decided to travel to Orlando and Houston. I am an avid runner and can find me running
throughout the city and Kenton
County, KY. Northern Kentucky. I have completed 5 marathons: the Chicago,
the Flying Pig ( )
three times, and the Columbus Marathon. I
currently do not have a race scheduled, but that can change in an instant (and
most likely will). Cincinnati
Please feel free to contact me by phone or email with any questions or concerns. I am looking forward to working with your wonderful children and you this year!
Friday, August 3, 2012
Kindergarten Information Sheet
Here is some important information that you will need to know about W-T Kindergarten:
1. Kindergarten attendance is VERY important. Please make it a priority to have your child at school each and every day they are scheduled. We have a lot to cover each day. We follow the common core standards for our Kindergarten curriculum. A lot of what we do in Kindergarten is completed at school and cannot be completed at home. This year, our school hours are from 9 to 3. Please make sure your child arrives on time!
School Start and End Times...9:00 - 3:00
Children will be assigned to come to school either Monday/Wednesday or Tuesday/Thursday. Children will be assigned specific Fridays (see calendar).
This year we will be operating on an all-day/alternating day schedule. Children will come to school on assigned days, each child will be assigned as the "blue" (A) or "yellow" class (B). Please refer to the calendar to know when your child is to attend school. Children will be able to eat breakfast ($1.10) beginning at 8:45 and we will be eating lunch in the cafeteria. Children will be able to buy their lunch or pack.
2. Name Tags: Please have your child wear their name tags to and from school for the first three weeks. These tags are color coded so we can prepare the students quickly for dismissal and get them in the proper car or on the proper bus. If your child rides the bus, please help your child learn their bus number.
3. Every child should have a standard size school bag that they bring to and from school. Please do not send the bags with wheels. These bags tend to create problems getting on and off of the bus and maneuvering in the halls and classroom. We’ll also be using a Communicator Folder to carry important forms, homework, and notes to and from school. Please check this folder daily.
4. Supply fees are $50. The money is due in September. We use this money to buy classroom supplies that all students use throughout the entire year, such as, crayons, paper, pencils, construction paper, scissors, and other materials. Please send this money in as soon as possible in an envelope labeled with your child’s name. I will send home a receipt acknowledging that I received the money.
5. We will accept small treats to honor your child’s birthday at school. Please keep treats simple, such as, a cookie, fruit snacks, or any individually wrapped treat. We will only have about 5 minutes to have the treat. Please check with me about the number of students we have in our class and notify me when you will be sending in the treat. We will celebrate our summer birthdays during the month of May. If your child has any type of food allergy, please email or call me!
6. Parent volunteers are greatly appreciated. If you plan to volunteer or go on a field trip you are required by the West Clermont Board of Education to be fingerprinted. This can be done at the board office off of Aicholtz Road. Please call 513-943-5000 to set up an appointment. This is also required for any field trip we go on as well. If you would like to volunteer and you have the fingerprints taken care of, please let me know and we can work out a schedule! I will have you working on projects for the children, copying, or working with students during centers. I will always put you in a position where you feel welcome and comfortable.
7. Communication is a very important part of education. Please feel free to contact me by email or by phone. I will respond to your email or call within 24 hours. If it is an emergency, please call the office and they will be able to help you with your question.
I look forward to working with you and your child during this exciting year!
West Clermont Local Schools 2012-2013
W-T Elementary Kindergarten
Please do not place your child's name on the supplies. Our kindergarten rooms use community supplies, so all children will be sharing these items.
1 pair blunt scissors
2 package glue sticks
1 large eraser
1 box crayons
1 package dry erase markers
1 box tissues
2 packages #2 pencils
Backpack (large enough to hold 2 pocket folder)